People our age bonding with Jay Farrar and others on the road to five major league and three minor league parks in eight days. Join us.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Almost ballpark food


IMG_0759
Originally uploaded by Butch Wynegar.

You can't read the sign, but it says: Classic Denny's. This was in greater Zanesville, OH (JW: "Yeesh. I'd hate to see lesser Zanesville".) It took us a while to get seated: JW had to see a man about a horse, and as for me, well, I haven't shaved in a week or so, giving me a sort of "minority look", always dangerous at a Denny's, esp a Classic Denny's. But we eventually got a seat in the smoking section (she seated JW once he came back, and I followed), and found the food good enough, in a road-trip sort of way. If you pressed your ears shut after the meal, you could hear the rhythmic, insistent crackle of closing arteries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home