People our age bonding with Jay Farrar and others on the road to five major league and three minor league parks in eight days. Join us.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ballpark dinner


Ballpark dinner
Originally uploaded by Butch Wynegar.

A friend once described Mumbai as "a city of 15,000,000 people, all of whom are on the same street at the same time as you." This occurred to me when I got hungry at the ballpark and saw a branch of Tony Luke's, a cheesesteak place, in the outfield. Sadly, I think all 24,000 people attending the game saw it a few minutes before I did: I couldn't face the scrum. I settled for the dinner you see before you. The pen was merely a means to an end: the kid in front of me had a roast pork sandwich, and I tried to shank him for it with a ballpoint pen, but he was a slippery little maggot. - JF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home